Update #2 Submitted!Sunday, January 8th, 2012
Rocket Bits v0.3 ( update #2 ) has been submitted and should be released in a week or so depending on how long Apple takes to approve it!
I held off on adding the time / fuel limit to the game since there were mixed reactions to it. Thanks for speaking up and letting me know what you thought of that idea! I don’t ever want to implement something that no one will like! Maybe the game doesn’t need a finite ending like I initially thought… ideas?
Anyways, here’s a sneak peek at what’s new in this update:
- Basic missions! More to come!
- Ability to scroll the mini-map.
- Added more information to the mini-map.
- Spaceman now has a jetpack! Much easier to control!
- New context sensitive action menu.
- Added bombs just for fun!
- First pass main menu.
Minor Tweaks and Bug Fixes:
- Tweaked map creation code to generate bigger maps.
- Fixed bug with mini-map not updating properly when blocks are destroyed.
- Cleaned up HUD buttons.
- Made map code buttons easier to press.
I hope you all enjoy the update! Have fun!